The Bilingual Endorsement trains Ohio educators who hold a standard Ohio teaching certificate or license to work with emergent bilingual students in grades PK-12.
This multi-age endorsement provides teachers with coursework and field experience focused on:
Bilingual language acquisition
Bilingual and dual language immersion programs and curricula
Instruction, assessment and advocacy
Literacy Development for Multilingual Learners
Core Practices in Language Assessment
- EDUTL 5613 - Core Practices in World Languages
- EDUTL 5615 - Methods and Culture in TESOL
- EDUTL 5301 - Foundations of Bilingual Education
- EDUTL 5620 - Language Acquisition for Multilingual Learners
- EDUTL 5365 - Linguistics for Literacy Educators
- EDUTL 5600 - Language as a Resource
- Option 1: Signed form from direct supervisor
- Option 2: EDUTL 5189.03: Bilingual Endorsement Field Experience (1 credit)
To register for this course, please complete the registration survey by April 1 for Autumn course enrollment or by September 1 for Spring enrollment
A minimum 50 clock hours for each additional licensure area beyond the candidate's initial license.
Minimum Credit Hours
Proficiency in a language other than English; Ohio teaching license or certificate
Ohio State academic programs are designed to prepare students for licensure or certification in Ohio. If you plan to pursue licensure or certification in a state other than Ohio, please review state educational requirements for licensure and certification at go.osu.edu/onground.