Mission and Goals
The mission of The Ohio State University's Human Nutrition Dietetic Internship Program is to provide maximum creativity and flexibility in an atmosphere of education, research, and service. The program prepares students to participate in the areas of nutrition, dietary education, nutrition research, medical nutrition therapy, community nutrition and nutrition/food management.
Expand the knowledge and skills needed to develop dietetic practitioners capable of advancing the quality of life for people in diverse communities.
- 96 percent of full-time interns will complete the program within 15 months
- 75 percent of part-time interns will complete the program within 25 months and ISPP interns within three years
- 80 percent of employers report program graduates improve the lives of individuals through programs, policy and dissemination of knowledge
- 100 percent of full-time, part-time and ISPP interns have completed the Ohio State Human Nutrition Dietetic Internship during the past five years.
The Program will prepare individuals to become professionally competent in the areas of medical nutrition therapy, nutrition/food management, public health nutrition, and personalized nutrition and counseling.
- 85 percent of program graduates taking the registration examination pass the exam the first time (five-year period)
- 90 percent of full-time program graduates are employed in dietetics or related fields within 12 months (five-year period)
- 75 percent of part-time and ISPP graduates are employed in dietetics or related fields within 12 months (five-year period)
- 80 percent of employers report program graduates are competent in professional knowledge and skills
The first time passage rate for students taking the registered dietitian exam is as follows (five-year average):
- 92 percent of full-time interns passed the first time
- 100 percent of part-time interns passed the first time
- 50 percent of ISPP interns passed the first time
Following percentages of Ohio State Human Nutrition Dietetic interns found job placement within one year:
- 97 percent of full-time interns found employment in one year
- 100 percent of part-time interns found employment in one year
- 100 percent of ISPP interns found employment in one year
Program outcome data available upon request.