Future Graduate Students
As a comprehensive research institution, Ohio State provides boundless opportunities for discovery. Students often partner on research with faculty and students from other colleges. There are numerous opportunities to conduct research. You’ll learn side-by-side with highly respected faculty who are accomplished in their fields and dedicated to your success. All this and more, and you begin to understand why Ohio State has the reputation for academic excellence and as an innovative premier research university.
The college awards scholarships annually to graduate students through an annual selection process. Students enrolled in EHE with a declared major can apply.
Key to teaching, research and learning in the college, associateships provide students with professional experience and financial support.
Learn how funding works and about other opportunities available through Ohio State and externally.
Education and Human Ecology has three university research centers where faculty, staff and students are making discoveries to help people and communities across a lifespan of learning.
Engages multidisciplinary researchers dedicated to high-quality scholarship to improve children’s learning and development at home, at school, and in the community.
Conducts and translates evidence-based practices and research into innovative solutions for educators, workers, and communities.
Provides academic learning services and support to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students from all academic backgrounds enabling them to enter, excel in, and complete postsecondary education programs.
Want to get involved in a student organization to elevate your academic learning? Learn more about the opportunities relevant to EHE students.
Learn more about faculty in Education and Human Ecology who have research interests that align with yours.
Support for International Students
Office of International Affairs
- Learn the latest news and events relevant to international students.
- These resources provides information from cultural adjustments, life in the United States, managing finances, and other ways to get help.
- From weekly global engagement events and student organizations to special events and student trips, there are many opportunities for students to get involved.
English Proficiency Requirements
- The rules about English as a Second Language for graduate students, as laid out by The Graduate School.
- Resources to help guide you through the immigration process as an Ohio State student.
- Offers full-time ESL courses covering all language skill areas and provides students with the linguistic skills, academic skills and cultural knowledge required to navigate successfully in American college and university curricula.
Academic English Writing Program
- Supports graduate and undergraduate students in the development of the writing skills required to be successful in Ohio State academic courses.
- Provides coursework for prospective International Teaching Associates (ITAs) to enhance linguistic skills, cultural knowledge and teaching strategies appropriate for a U.S. academic classroom.
Teaching and Learning Academic Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Studies Student Services and Graduate Studies: email@example.com
Human Sciences Graduate Programs and Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org